Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Home is here and a movie to boot

Have finally shifted into my house in Marol at Andheri(E). It definitely feels strange to stay in your own house after a span of nearly 9 years. The last time I was based at home was in the 12th standard in Trivandrum. 3 college hostels and 3 apartments later...I'm finally stayin in my own home. Still gettin used to the feelin....

A litttle something about Marol. After having stayed amidst the malls of Gurgaon and the zesty Andheri east, Marol is a definite demotion. Sure, marol's like 10 mins to office ...but that's about the only major advantage. And yeah, the international airport's like real close...so if I ever become super rich and decide to go to Bora Bora on a whim...I could do so without having to endure the traffic. (But then if I were super rich, would I stay in Marol?).

Saw "Saw 2" yesterday on Star. I'm no big fan of slasher flicks, but this one's plot was ingenious. If you dont mind some blood and gore...I would definitely recommend it for the sheer trickery the plot employs. The "twist" in this tale...is WOW!

4 comments:

Nikhil Kulkarni said...

Hey! Congrats on the new house ...

While you might not be super rich - but having purchased a house in Mumbai (even if Marol - as you put it), you are definitely on your way to becoming super rich - watch as the prices soar and your investment turns into gold ;-)

Cheers!

btw: would want a bit more details about the 'home deal' ... but probably you'd prefer to do that on email ... mine is kulkarni.nikhil[[at]]gmail

Alex Joseph said...

Hey thanks, Nikhil! The "deal" was made abt 12 years back, by my folks...no clue on the details really. Just finished renovating it recently and moved in...

Accenture said...

ting tong.... Anybody home????

Accenture said...

cmon. Give a new life to your old blog. Lets see what the blogger writes when he has his missus to tend to..